Table of Contents
Why plastic skylights?
- Plastic materials are very advantageous these days.
- First, they can be produced from recycled plastic materials.
- Second, they can be recycled in the future to manufacture another plastic product.
- Third, based on the above facts, plastic is a cheap material.
- Fourth, plastic is durable and lasts a long time.
Do the plastic skylights have any disadvantages?
- Well, they do, but not very much. For example, many plastic skylights are defenseless when facing some chemicals (organic dissolvents, etc…).
- The plastic skylights even being very durable are not indestructible. Still, they do not break but you can scratch or grind them and some plastic materials used for skylights can lose their transparency over time.
Polycarbonate skylights vs. acrylic skylights
The most used plastic skylights these days are acrylic skylights and polycarbonate skylights. What are the differences?
- Acrylic skylights are weaker though cheaper.
- The polycarbonate skylights are more durable (and expensive) but they are less color-stable (loose transparency with age).
I like this web site because so much useful
material on here :D.
Thanks a lot, Daniella!
First off I would like to say superb blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you
do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself
and clear your head before writing. I have had a difficult time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out there.
I truly do enjoy writing but it just seems like the
first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply
just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips?
Thank you very much. Frankly, I do not think about it very much, just put a few information together and write it down…