Last Updated on: 8th October 2021, 09:43 pm
Many people believe gemstones have healing powers. In addition to their beauty, crystals have the ability to energize, inspire, attract love, and promote health. However, they also need care themselves. How can you cleanse and recharge them so they will serve you best?
While crystals are beautiful, putting them on a shelf and looking at them is not enough if we really want their energy. These precious stones create vibrations that can pick up and hold certain types of energy in their surroundings. Taking care of them will allow us to harness their energy. Cleaning crystals is an essential part of caring for them. We’re not talking about washing them with soap.
Why should crystals be cleansed?
A crystal has a memory. The energy they absorb is from everything around them – the people who handle them, the environment they travel through, even the vibrations from objects in our purses (if they are close by). New stones need to be cleaned as well, to remove the energy build-up that has been adhered to them over the years.
As a result of the energetic influences from the surrounding, the crystals’ natural properties are suppressed and will not function as they should. Cleansing will destroy all these stuck vibrations and return the crystal back to its natural, pure state. Then it will work in our favor.
When do they need to be cleansed?
Each time you get or buy a new one, and before you use it. Additionally, if you have been involved in an unpleasant encounter or a negative event and have the stone with you, clean it. If you’re using crystals as decorations, clean them once a month, and necklaces, pendants, and rings more frequently.
How do I cleanse crystals?
- Submerge the crystal in running water for a moment, then rinse.
- Allow them to dry naturally after cleaning them, or use a soft brush or a damp cloth to clean them.
- Cleanse the stone by immersing it in brown rice if you want to absolve it of negative energies.
- Then leave it overnight or for a couple of hours.If you want to recharge the crystal by natural light, place it on a windowsill, but stay away from direct sunlight.
- There are some stones that require moonlight in particular.
- The stone can be left on the windowsill at dusk until noon the next day. You will not do anything wrong if you do so.
- Crystals can also be cleaned by immersing them in a bowl of water and rock salt for a few hours.
- Use sound cleaning for large crystals or collections of gemstones that are difficult to handle. It is important to hold one tone for 5 to 10 minutes. A Tibetan bowl or crystal bowl, for example, or special bells can be helpful to this.
Some basic rules to keep
- Crystals should not be kept in a humid environment.
- Cool and dark places are best for them.
- You should be careful when cleansing and re-energizing crystals. Don’t put too much energy into it or you will break them.
- Cleanse and re-energize your crystals every 3 months.
- You can determine if your crystals are clean by holding one in your hand, if you feel a clean, pure energy emanating from it, it is clean. Crystals with a stale, unpleasant energy need to be cleaned and re-energized.
- If your crystals have lost their energy, simply hold them over a candle flame or over a hot radiator for about ten seconds (never over a gas flame stove or electric heat).